Q. Arrange the following events in chronological order:
1. Treaty of Manglore
2. Third Anglo-Mysore war
3. American war of Independence
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
After the American War of Independence, France had signed a treaty of friendship with America (1778) and so Britain declared war against France.
- In a similar context of Spain reaching an agreement with America, and thereby being dragged into the war against England (1779) England remained isolated.
- In India the coming together of the Nizam and the Marathas, supported by the French aggravated the situation further.
- Haider Ali wanted to turn England’s difficulty to its advantage and marched on Karnataka.
- The Treaty of Mangalore was signed in March 1784, according to which both parties agreed to give up their conquests and release the prisoners.
- Third Mysore War took place in 1790-92.
Source: Tamil Nadu state board.