Q. Before founding Vijayanagara Empire, Harihara and Bukka served which of the following kingdom?
- Vijayanagar was founded in 1336 by Harihara and Bukka of the Sangama dynasty.
- They were originally served under the Kakatiya rulers of Warangal.
- Then they went to Kampili where they were imprisoned and converted to Islam. Later, they returned to the Hindu fold at the initiative of the saint Vidyaranya.
- They also proclaimed their independence and founded a new city on the south bank of the Tungabhadra River.
- It was called Vijayanagar meaning city of victory
Source: Tamil Nadu Board Class 11