Q. Consider the following authors and their works:
1. Abul Fazal– Ain-i-Akbari
2. Abdul Hamid Lahori – Akbar Nama
3. Muhammad Kazim– Alamgir Nama
Which of the above given pair is/are correctly matched?
Persian, Sanskrit and regional languages developed during the Mughal rule.
- Persian was the language of administration in Mughal Empire and the Deccan states.
- It influenced even the Rajput states where Persian words were used in administration.
- Abul Fazal patronised by Akbar compiled the history of Akbar in Akbar Nama and described Mughal administration in his work Ain-i-Akbari.
- The Ain-i-Akbari is commendable for its interest in science, statistics, geography and culture.
- Akbar Namah was emulated by Abdul Hamid Lahori and Muhammad Waris in their joint work Padshah Nama, a biography of Shah Jahan.
- Later Muhammad Kazim in his Alamgir Nama, a work on the reign of the first decade of Aurangzeb, followed the same pattern.
Source: Tamil Nadu state board.