Q. Consider the following pairs:
1. EKUVERIN —-India and Maldives
2. Sea Dragon —-China and Pakistan
3. Naseem-al-Bahr —India and Iran
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
About Exercise EKUVERIN:l
- It is a joint military exercise conducted between India and Maldives since 2009. The exercise is held alternatively in India and Maldives.
- The 10th edition of the exercise was held in Maharashtra, India.
Aim: To enhance synergy & interoperability between the Armed Forces of both the Nations in terms of understanding transnational terrorism both on land & at sea, conducting Counter Terrorism & Counter Insurgency Operations, and sharing best military practices and experiences.
Other exercises between India and Maldives
Exercise Dosti: It is a Biennial Trilateral Coast Guard Exercise between India, Maldives, and Sri Lanka.
About Exercise Sea Dragon
It is an annual US-led multinational exercise.
Aim: To practice and discuss anti-submarine warfare tactics so as to operate together in response to traditional and non-traditional maritime security challenges in the Indo-Pacific region.
Participating Countries: United States, India, Australia, Canada, Japan and South Korea.
Naseem-al-Bahr: It is a bilateral biennial naval exercise between India and Oman.
AL NAGAH: It is a bilateral military exercise between India and Oman.
Source: Defense Exercises