Q. Consider the following pairs of Authors and their known work of translating scripts into Persian:
AuthorKnown for translating
1. Abul Faizi – Lilavati
2. Abul Fazal– Mahabharata
3. Abdur Rahim Khan-e-khanan – Babur’s Autobiography
Which of the above given pair is/are correctly matched?
Babur’s autobiography written in Chaghatai Turkish was translated into Persian by Abdur Rahim Khan-e-Khanan.
- Dabistan is an impartial account of the beliefs and works of different religions. Persian literature was enriched by translations of Sanskrit works.
- The Mahabharata was translated under the supervision of Abul Faizi, brother of Abul Fazal and a court poet of Akbar.
- The translation of Upanishads by Dara Shukoh, entitled Sirr-I-Akbar (the Great Secret), is a landmark.
- The Masnawis of Abul Faizi, Utbi and Naziri enriched Persian Poetry in India.
Source: Tamil Nadu state board.