Q. Consider the following pairs:
1. Tarikh-i-Mubarak Shahi——Yahiya bin Ahmad Sirhindi
2. Nu Siphr——Al beruni
3. Futuh-us-Salatin—–Salim Chisti
Which of the above given pair is/are correctly matched?
The early Sayyid Sultans ruled paying tribute to Timur’s son. Their rule is marked for the composing of Tarikh-i- Mubarak Shahi by Yahiya bin Ahmad Sirhindi. By the end of their rule the empire was largely confined to the city of Delhi.
- Amir Khusrau emerged as a major figure of Persian prose and poetry. Amir Khusrau felt elated to call himself an Indian in his Nu Siphr (‘Nine Skies’).
- In this work, he praises India’s climate, its languages – notably Sanskrit – its arts, its music, its people, even its animals. The Islamic Sufi saints made a deep literary impact.
- The Fawai’d-ul-Fawad, a work containing the conversations of Sufi Saint Nizam-ud-din Auliya was compiled by Amir Hassan.
- Abdul Malik Isami, in his poetic composition of Futuh-us-Salatin, records the history of Muslim rule from Ghaznavid period to Muhammad bin Tughlaq’s reign.
Source: Tamil Nadu state board.