Q. Consider the following pairs:
1. Tughlaq – Muhammad Bin Tughlaq
2. Khaljis– Jala-ud-din-Khalji
3. Lodi – Bahlol Lodi
Which of the above given pair is/are correctly matched?
Ghiyas-ud-din Tughlaq followed a policy of reconciliation with the nobles. But in the fifth year of his reign (1325) Ghiyas-uddin died.
- Three days later Jauna ascended the throne and took the title Muhammad bin Tughlaq.
- Khaljis Dynasty was founded by Jalal-ud-din Khalji (1290-1296). He was succeeded by Ala-ud-din Khalji (1296–1316).
- The Lodi Dynasty was established by Bahlol Lodi (1451–1489) whose reign witnessed the conquest of Sharqi Kingdom (Bengal).
- It was his son Sikander Lodi (1489–1517) who shifted the capital from Delhi to Agra in 1504.
Source: Tamil Nadu state board.