Q. Consider the following statement regarding International Solar Alliance:
1. It is an intergovernmental body registered with United Nation
2. It is open only for the countries which lies between two tropics
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
Statement 2 is incorrect: the recent amendment to ISA charter has made it open to all the member countries of ISA
- It is an intergovernmental body registered with the United Nations under Article 102 of the UN Charter.
- The ISA is open to 122 countries, most of them located between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) was conceived as a coalition of solar-resource-rich countries to address their special energy needs.
- It is a treaty-based organization working to create a global market system to tap the benefits of solar power and promote clean energy applications