Q. Consider the following statements:
1.India will receive more rainfall than normal leading to floods.
2.Australia and Indonesia will see droughts.
Which of the above will be the impact of La Nina?
Impacts of La Nina are:
- abnormally heavy monsoons in India and Southeast Asia.
- cool and wet winter weather in southeastern Africa, wet weather in eastern Australia.
- cold winter in western Canada and northwestern United States.
- winter drought in the southern United States.
- It also leads to heavy floods in Australia.