Q. Consider the following statements about Agra Fort:
1. It was built in red sandstone.
2. It was built during the reign of Humayun.
Which of the above given statement is/are correct?
- The architecture of the Mughals includes the magnificent forts, palaces, public buildings, mosques and mausoleums.
- The Mughals were fond of laying gardens with running water. Some of the Mughal gardens such as the Nishat Bagh in Kashmir, the Shalimar Bagh at Lahore and the Pinjore garden in the Punjab have survived even today.
- During the reign of Sher Shah, the mausoleum at Sasaram in Bihar and the Purana Qila near Delhi were built. These two monuments are considered as the architectural marvels of medieval India.
- Large scale construction of buildings started with the advent of Akbar. He built many forts and the most famous one was the Agra Fort. It was built in red sandstone. His other forts are at Lahore and Allahabad.
Source: Tamil Nadu Board Class 11