Q. Consider the following statements about Lithium-Sulphur Batteries:
1. It is a type of rechargeable battery with lithium or lithium alloys as cathodic material and sulphur as anodic material.
2. Lithium-ion batteries are commonly used for portable electronics, electric vehicles and in aerospace applications.
Which of the above given statement is/are correct?
Statement 1 is incorrect
- It is a type of rechargeable battery with lithium or lithium alloys as anodic material and sulphur as cathodic material.
- lower cost of production due to use of sulphur,
- capable of storing up to 10 times more energy than lithium-ion ones
- energy efficient
- improved safety
Disadvantages: battery physically breaks apart under the stress from repeated charging and discharging of the battery