Q. Consider the following statements about non-Communicable diseases (NCD)
1. These are the result of a combination of genetic, physiological and behavioral factors.
2. Viral infections are major cause of these diseases
3. In India, major cause of health problem/ mortality is communicable disease
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
Statement 2 & 3 are wrong
- Non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease, are collectively responsible for over 70% of all deaths worldwide.
- 15 million people die prematurely, aged between 30 and 69 due to NCDs
- Cardiovascular diseases, chronic respiratory diseases, diabetes and cancer are mainly caused by four modifiable behavioral risk factors: tobacco use, unhealthy diet, insufficient physical activity and harmful use of alcohol.