Q. Consider the following statements about Right to Education (RTE)
1. It provides education as a fundamental right for children between 6-12 years of age
2. Ramamurti committee and Tapas Majumdar Committee were associated with it
3. The act also mandates 30% reservation for disadvantaged section of the society
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
- This act is an incarnation of Article 21-A, which says that every child has a right to full time elementary education of satisfactory and equitable quality in a formal school which satisfies certain essential norms and standards.
- Act provide that every child in the age group of 6 to 14 years has Right to elementary education. They are entitled for free and compulsory education.
- The act mandates 25% reservation for disadvantaged sections of the society where disadvantaged groups include: SCs and STs, Socially Backward Class, differently abled