Q. Consider the following statements about State Start-up Ranking:
1. Kerala and Maharashtra appeared as the Best Performers in the States category.
2. The ranking is undertaken by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) since 2018.
Which of the statements given above is/are not correct?
Explanation: About State Start-up Ranking:
The ranking is undertaken by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) since 2018. Its aim is to support States and Union Territories in developing their start-up ecosystem and learn from the best practices of others.
The States are evaluated across 7 broad Reform Areas:
- Institutional Support;
- Fostering Innovation and Entrepreneurship;
- Access to Market;
- Incubation support;
- Funding Support;
- Mentorship Support;
- Capacity Building of Enablers.
The States and Union Territories are classified into 5 categories:
- Best Performers;
- Top Performers;
- Aspiring Leaders;
- Emerging Start-up Ecosystems.
Best Performers: Gujarat and Karnataka appeared as the Best Performers in the States category. Meghalaya topped among UTs and North-eastern States category.
Top Performers: Kerala, Maharashtra, Orissa and Telangana won the Top Performers award among states category. Jammu and Kashmir appeared as the Top Performer among UTs and NE states category.
Source: EPIC July 2022