Q. Consider the following statements regarding a Red Corner Notice:
1. A red corner notice is an international arrest warrant.
2. INTERPOL publishes a Red Corner Notice at the request of a member country.
3. Each member country decides what legal value it gives to a Red Corner Notice.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- Statement 1 is incorrect: A red corner notice is not an international arrest warrant. It is an international wanted persons notice.
- Statement 2 is correct: Red Notices are published by INTERPOL at the request of a member country, and must comply with INTERPOL’s Constitution and Rules.
- Statement 3 is correct: INTERPOL cannot compel the law enforcement authorities in any country to arrest someone who is the subject of a Red Notice. Each member country decides what legal value it gives to a Red Notice and the authority of their law enforcement officers to make arrests.