Q. Consider the following statements regarding “Action Plan on Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience”:
1. It was launched by World Economic Forum.
2. Under the plan, 100 billion dollars were raised for climate finance from 2021 to 2025.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
The World Bank Group launched its Action Plan on Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience.
- Under the plan, the World Bank Group will ramp up direct adaptation climate finance to reach $50 billion over FY21–25.
- This financing level—an average of $10 billion a year—is more than double what was achieved during FY15-18.
- The World Bank Group will also pilot new approaches to increasing private finance for adaptation and resilience.