Q. Consider the following statements regarding Anaimalai flying frog
1. The frog is endemic to the southern part of the Western Ghats.
2. It is under the Endangered category of IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
Recently, Frog enthusiast in Kerala has constructed two ponds at Windermere Estate to restore the habitat for the Anaimalai flying frog.
About Anaimalai flying frog:
- Anaimalai flying frog (Racophorus pseudomalabaricus) is also known as the False Malabar Gliding Frog.
- The frog is endemic to the southern part of the Western Ghats.
- IUCN Status: Critically Endangered