Q. Consider the following statements regarding Artemis Accords
1. It aims to ensure space exploration is conducted in a safe, sustainable and transparent manner.
2. India is a founding member of this accord
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- Artemis Accords ensures that space exploration is conducted in a safe, sustainable and transparent manner and in full compliance with international law.
- The founding members of the Artemis Accords are Australia, Canada, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the US.
- As more countries establish a presence in outer space, via research stations, satellites, or even rocket launchers, these accords provide a set of principles to create a safe and transparent environment that inspires exploration, science, and commercial activities.
Source: The Business Standard