Q. Consider the following statements regarding Bharat Net Project:
1.It aims to provide a minimum bandwidth of 2gbps to each of the 2.5lakh Gram Panchayats.
2.It is being implemented by a special purpose vehicle named Bharat Broadband Network Ltd. set up under Companies Act.
3.It is being funded by the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
It aims to provide a minimum bandwidth of 100 Mbps to each of the 2.5 lakhs GPs.
- It will facilitate delivery of e-governance, e-health, e-education, e-banking, public internet access, G2C, B2B, P2P, B2C etc., weather, agricultural and other services to rural India.
- It is the new brand name of NOFN (National Optic Fibre Network) which is being implemented in three phases.
- First phase – Envisaged to provide one lakh gram panchayats with broadband connectivity by laying underground optic fibre cable lines with deadline of 31st December 2017, which was achieved.
- Second Phase – It will provide connectivity to all 2,50,000 Panchayats using an optimal miz of underground fibre, fibre over powerlines, radio and satellite media to be completed by March 2019.
- Third Phase – It will be implemented from 2019 to 2023 during which state-of-the-art, future proof network, including fiber between districts and blocks, with ring topology would be created.
- It is being implemented by a special purpose vehicle named Bharat Broadband Network Ltd. set up under Companies Act.
- It is being funded by the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).