Q. Consider the following statements regarding Central Industrial Security Force:
1. It was established by executive resolution.
2. It provides security to the premises staff along with the security of property and establishments.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
CISF is an armed force of the Union established under an Act of Parliament, “Central Industrial Security Force Act, 1968 (50 of 1968)”.
- In the year 1969, the strength of the force established with the help of 3129 personnel, was increased to 1,41,421 as of 01.03.2020.
- CISF has 12 reserve battalions, 08 training institutes and 63 other formations.
- According to the mandate, CISF provides security to the premises staff along with the security of property and establishments.
- CISF is providing security to the strategic establishment, including the Department of Space, the Department of Atomic Energy, the Airports, the Delhi Metro, the ports, the historical monuments and the basic areas of Indian economy such as petroleum and natural gas, electricity, coal, steel and mining.
- CISF is providing protection to some private sector units and important government buildings in Delhi.
- Presently, CISF is also providing security to the protected persons classified as Z Plus, Z, X, Y.
- CISF is the only force with a customized and dedicated fire wing.