Q. Consider the following statements regarding Clinical Establishments Act, 2010:
1. Laboratories offering diagnostic services are not covered under the definition of Clinical establishment.
2. Under the act, the central government shall establish a National Council of Clinical Establishments to maintain a national register of clinical establishments.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- Statement 1 is incorrect: Clinical establishment” is defined as hospitals and clinics and similar facilities that offer treatment for illness in any recognised system of medicine (allopathy, yoga, naturopathy, Ayurveda, homoeopathy, Siddha and Unani). The definition also includes any laboratory which offers pathological, chemical and other diagnostic services.
- Statement 2 is correct: The central government shall establish a National Council of Clinical Establishments to
- Determine the minimum standards of health care by a clinical establishment;
- Classify them into categories;
- Maintain a national register of clinical establishments.