Q. Consider the following statements regarding e-RUPI
1. It will work without any card, digital payment app, or internet banking access.
2. Private sector can also leverage e-RUPI as part of their employee welfare and corporate social responsibility programs.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
Both statements are correct.
- e-RUPI is a cashless and contactless instrument for digital payment. It is founded on the Unified Payment Interface(UPI) platform.
- Purpose: It is designed to be a person and purpose-specific digital payment solution. It seeks to ensure that government schemes reach intended beneficiaries in a targeted and leak-proof manner, with limited touchpoints between the government and the beneficiary.
- Developed by: National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in collaboration with the Department of Financial Services (DFS), the Union Health Ministry, and the National Health Authority (NHA).