Q. Consider the following statements regarding formation and promotion of Farmer Producers Organization (FPOs):
1. It is a central sector scheme aims to establish 1 lakh FPOs in five years.
2. It is implemented by District Rural Development Agency.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
formation and promotion of Farmer Producers Organization (FPOs) is a Central Sector Scheme under Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW).
- Its objective is to establish 10,000 FPOs in five years period from 2019-20 to 2023-24 to ensure economies of scale for farmers.
- It is implemented by- Small Farmers Agri-business Consortium (SFAC), National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- Also, States can nominate their Implementing Agency in consultation with DAC&FW.