Q. Consider the following statements regarding Historic Urban Landscape Project:
1. Project is based on the entire human environment with all of its tangible and intangible qualities.
2. Indian cities of Ajmer, Varanasi and Gwalior have been selected under this project.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- The Historic Urban Landscape Project was adopted in 2011 by UNESCO’s General Conference.
- The project aims for the inclusive and well-planned development of fast-growing historical cities while preserving the culture and heritage.
Gwalior and Orchha Cities under Historic Urban Landscape Project:
- As part of the project, these places will be jointly developed by UNESCO, the Government of India, and Madhya Pradesh.
- The development and management plan of these cities will be prepared by UNESCO.
- All aspects including history, culture, lifestyle, economic development, community development will be included in it.
Note: The six cities of South Asia, including Ajmer and Varanasi in India, are already involved in this project. Orchha and Gwalior have been included as the 7th and 8th cities.