Q. Consider the following statements regarding Hunger Hotspots Report
1. It is jointly released by Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and World Food Program (WFP)
2. According to the report, India is one of the Hunger Hotspot
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and World Food Program (WFP) has released a new report titled “Hunger Hotspots”.
About Hunger Hotspots Report:
- The Hunger Hotspots Report is an early-warning analysis of countries and situations called hotspots where acute food insecurity is likely to deteriorate over the coming months.
- Hunger is expected to rise in 23 global hotspot countries in the next three months.
- The highest alerts for “catastrophic” situations are in Ethiopia’s Tigray region, southern Madagascar, Yemen, South Sudan and northern Nigeria.
- Note: India is not one of the Hotspot countries.
Read more: UN warns hunger is expected to rise in 23 global hotspots