Q. Consider the following statements regarding I-STEM Portal:
1. It is a national web portal for sharing research and development facilities.
2. This initiative is a brainchild of NITI Aayog
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- Statement 1 is correct: I-STEM was launched in 2020. It is a National Web portal for sharing R&D (Research and Development) facilities.
- Purpose: The portal is the gateway for researchers to locate the specific facility(ies) they need for their R&D work and identify the one that is either located closest to them or available the soonest.
- Statement 2 is incorrect: The Portal Is an initiative of the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India under the aegis of Prime Minister Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC) mission.