Q. Consider the following statements regarding India Biodiversity Awards:
1. It was launched in 2012 to recognize excellence in biodiversity governance across the country.
2. It was launched by Ministry of Environment with the help of UNEP.
Which of statements given above is/are correct?
India is one of the mega-diverse countries in the world and home to nearly eight percent of the world’s total recorded species of plants and animals.
- Across the country, people, communities and governments have played an outstanding and innovative role in conserving India’s rich heritage.
- Government of India, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change in association with UNDP India, therefore, started the India Biodiversity Awards in 2012, to recognize excellence in biodiversity governance across the country.
- The first round of Awards was launched in 2012 during India’s Presidency of the Eleventh Meeting of Conference of Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- The award selection process is conducted in partnership with the National Biodiversity Authority of India.
Source: The Hindu