Q. Consider the following statements regarding Indian Biological Data Centre (IBDC):
1. It is the first national repository for life science data in India.
2. The centre shall implement the Biotech-PRIDE Guidelines.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
Both statements are correct
- The Indian Biological Data Centre (IBDC) is the first national repository for life science data in India.
- Purpose: IBDC is mandated to archive all life science data generated from publicly funded research in India.
- Supported by: The data center is supported by the Government of India (GOI) through the Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
About Biotech-PRIDE Guidelines:
- The Biotech-PRIDE Guidelines have been developed by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
- Aim: The guidelines are aimed at providing a well-defined framework and guiding principle to facilitate and enable sharing and exchange of biological knowledge, information and data.
- Implementation: The guidelines will be implemented through the Indian Biological Data Centre (IBDC).
- Significance: The exchange of information will help in promoting research and innovation in different research groups across the country.