Q. Consider the following statements regarding International Solar Alliance
1. The membership of ISA is limited to countries partially or entirely located within the tropics.
2. The ISA is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- Membership to the ISA was earlier limited to 121 countries, which were partially or entirely located within the tropics. This didn’t allow major solar energy economies such as Germany to join the alliance that is being increasingly seen as a foreign policy tool. So, on 8th January 2021, The ISA opened its Membership to all Member States of the United Nations.
- Recently, Germany became the 5th country to sign International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement after amendments to it entered into force.
- The ISA is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana.
Source: All India Radio