Q. Consider the following statements regarding Kyoto protocol:
1. Kyoto Protocol is based on the principle of “common but differentiated responsibility”.
2. It is the only global treaty with binding limits on GHG emissions.
3. USA has never ratified the Kyoto protocol.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
All the statements are correct
About Kyoto protocol:
- The Kyoto Protocol was adopted in Kyoto, Japan in 1997 and came into force in 2005. It aimed at cutting GHG emissions across the developed world by about 5% by 2012 compared with 1990 levels. While India ratified the Protocol in 2002, USA never ratified it and Canada withdrew from it in 2012.
- Kyoto Protocol is based on the principle of “common but differentiated responsibility” and is the only global treaty with binding limits on GHG emissions
Source: Indian Express