Q. Consider the following statements regarding Mid-day Meal Scheme
1. It is a centrally sponsored scheme under Ministry of Education
2. Scheme guarantees one meal to all children in government and aided schools and madrasas supported under Samagra Shiksha.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
About MDMS : It is a centrally sponsored scheme launched in 1995 by the Ministry of HRD.
Features of the Scheme:
- Under the Scheme, cooked meals are provided to every child within the age group of six to fourteen years and studying in classes I to VIII.
- Cooked meal having nutritional standards of 450 calories and 12 gm of protein for primary (I-V class) and 700 calories and 20 gm protein for upper primary (VI-VIII class).
- If the Mid-Day Meal is not provided in school on any school day due to non-availability of food grains or any other reason. Then the State Government shall pay food security allowance by 15th of the succeeding month.
Coverage: All children in government and aided schools and madrasas supported under Samagra Shiksha.
Source: Business Standard