Q. Consider the following statements regarding NISAR:
1.It is a joint Earth-Observation mission by ISRO and NASA.
2. It will be able to observe minor changes in land, vegetation, and cryosphere.
3. It is a dual band radar imaging mission.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
All statements are correct
About NISAR (NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar) Mission:
- NISAR is a joint Earth-Observation mission between ISRO and NASA. It aims to make global measurements of land surface changes using advanced radar imaging.
- Objective: To improve understanding of the impact of climate change on Earth’s changing Ecosystems, land and coastal processes, land deformations, and Cryosphere.
- Features: It is a dual-band (L-band and S-band) Radar imaging mission with the capability of full polarimetric and interferometric modes of operation, to observe minor changes in land, vegetation, and cryosphere.
- Contributions: NASA is developing L-band SAR and associated systems. While ISRO is developing S-band SAR, spacecraft bus, the launch vehicle, and associated launch services.
- Launch Year: NISAR is proposed to be launched in early 2023.