Q. Consider the following statements regarding pilgrimage rejuvenation and spiritual augmentation drive (PRASAD) scheme:
1.It is a central sponsored scheme.
2.It aims to promote local art, culture, handicraft, cuisine, etc.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Explanation: pilgrimage rejuvenation and spiritual augmentation drive (PRASAD) scheme objectives:
- Integrated development of pilgrimage destinations in a planned, prioritised and sustainable manner to provide complete religious tourism experience.
- Harness pilgrimage tourism for its direct and multiplier effect upon employment generation and economic development.
- Enhancing the tourist attractiveness in a sustainable manner by developing world class infrastructure in the religious destinations.
- Promote local art, culture, handicraft, cuisine, etc.
It is a Central Sector Scheme. The scheme aims at infrastructure development such as entry points (road, rail and water transport), last mile connectivity, basic tourism facilities like Information/ Interpretation Centers, ATM/ money exchange, eco-friendly modes of transport etc.
- For components within public funding, Central Government will provide 100% fund. For improved sustainability of the project, efforts shall be made to involve PPP and CSR as well.
- Centre has included Gangotri and Yamunotri in Uttararakhand, Amarkantak in Madhya Pradesh and Parasnath in Jharkhand in the scheme