Q. Consider the following statements regarding Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASHAD) scheme
1. The scheme aimed at infrastructure development such as entry points, last mile connectivity, basic tourism facilities and others
2. It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme financed by the Central and State governments.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
PRASHAD projects were recently inaugurated in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
About PRASHAD scheme:
- It is also called as the ‘National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive’ (PRASHAD).
- It is a Central Sector Scheme fully financed by the Government of India.
- Launched by the Ministry of Tourism in the year 2014-15.
- Objective: Integrated development of identified pilgrimage and heritage destinations.
- It includes infrastructure development such as entry points (Road, Rail and Water Transport), last mile connectivity, basic tourism facilities.