Q. Consider the following statements regarding Raja Mircha
1. This chilli belongs to the genus Capsicum
2. It is a Geographical Indication(GI) certified chilli from Nagaland
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
The consignment of ‘Raja Mircha’ also referred as king chilli from Nagaland was exported to London via Guwahati by air for the first time.
About Raja Mircha:
- Raja Mircha is a chilli from Nagaland. It is also referred to as king chilli or Bhoot Jolokia and Ghost pepper.
- Genus: This chilli belongs to the genus Capsicum of the family Solanaceae.
- GI Tag: It got the Geographical Indication(GI) certification in 2008.
- Significance: It has been considered as the world’s hottest chilli and is constantly on the top five in the list of the world’s hottest chilies based on the Scoville Heat Units (SHUs).