Q. Consider the following statements regarding Ramappa Temple
1. The temple was constructed during the reign of the Kakatiya Empire
2. The presiding deity of the temple is Lord Vishnu
3. The temple is known as the Ramappa temple after the sculptor who executed the work in the temple
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) has inscribed the Ramappa Temple as a UNESCO ‘World Heritage Site’.
About Ramappa Temple:
- Ramappa (Rudreswara) Temple is also known as the Ramalingeswara (Lord Siva) temple.
- Location: The temple is located in the Palampet village of Venkatapur Mandal in Telangana’s Mulugu (old Warangal) district.
- Built by: The temple was constructed in 1213 AD during the reign of the Kakatiya Empire by Recherla Rudra, a general of Kakatiya king Ganapati Deva.
- Presiding Deity: The presiding deity of the temple is Ramalingeswara Swamy. The temple is known as the Ramappa temple after the sculptor who executed the work in the temple for 40 years.