Q. Consider the following statements regarding Seekho aur kamao scheme:
1. It is being implemented by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
2. One of its provisions is to improve the employability of existing workers.
3. It ensures placements of trainees in both organized and unorganized sector.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
- Statement 1 is incorrect: It is being implemented by Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Statement 2 is correct
- Statement 3 is incorrect: It ensures a placement of 75% of trainees (minimum) and out of that at least 50% are placed in organized sector.
About Seekho aur Kamao Scheme:
- Seekho aur Kamao (Learn & Earn) is a scheme implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Purpose: It is a Skill development scheme for the youth of the 14 – 35 years age group. It aims at providing employment and employment opportunities, improving the employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc.
- Implementation: The scheme is implemented through selected expert Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs).
- The scheme ensures placements of a minimum of 75% trainees, out of which at least 50% placement is in the organized sector.
- Moreover, Post-placement support of Rs. 2000/- per month is provided to placed trainees under the scheme for two months as placement assistance.