Q. Consider the following statements regarding Swadesh Darshan Scheme
1. It is a centrally sponsored scheme.
2. It aims to generate livelihood by promoting culture and heritage in identified regions.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme was launched by the Ministry of Tourism in 2014-2015
- Aim: It is a Central Sector Scheme with the objective of integrated development of theme-based tourist circuits in the country.
- position tourism as a major engine of economic growth and job creation
- Develop circuits having tourist potential in a planned and prioritized manner;
- Promote cultural and heritage value of the country to generate livelihoods in the identified regions.
- Thematic Circuits under Scheme: North-East India Circuit, Buddhist Circuit, Himalayan Circuit, Coastal Circuit, Krishna Circuit, Desert Circuit, Tribal Circuit, Eco Circuit, Wildlife Circuit, Rural Circuit, Spiritual Circuit, Ramayana Circuit, Heritage Circuit, Sufi Circuit, and Tirthankar Circuit.