Q. Consider the following statements regarding The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI):
1. It was founded by R K Pachauri.
2. It acts as a knowledge center to cultivate action-oriented research in areas of climate change, environment, energy, and sustainable development.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Founded in 1974 by Mr Darbari S Seth & Dr R K Pachauri, TERI began as a knowledge center to cultivate action-oriented research in areas of climate change, environment, energy, and sustainable development.
- Over the last 40 years, the organization has worked with the government to create policies for energy conservation.
- On the other hand, it has worked at the grassroots, developing energy efficiency solutions for India’s small and medium businesses.
- TERI has also worked intensively towards developing lighting and cooking solutions that have impacted over 4.5 million people in India and Africa.
- It has pioneered the use of biotechnology in the petroleum and agriculture sectors in India.
- It is globally distinguished for hosting the World Sustainable Development Conference, one of the largest international summits dedicated to accelerating the pursuit of sustainable development.