Q. Consider the following statements regarding the “project AHANA”:
1. It is a flagship national programme, is working for a world where no child is born with HIV/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
2. It is implemented by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) with the support of World Health Organization.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
AHANA, a flagship national programme, is working for a world where no child is born with HIV/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
- It focuses on the elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV and is implemented by Plan India with support from The Global Fund.
- AHANA is being implemented in close coordination with the National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) and National Health Mission (NHM) to influence policies and strategies in both the design and implementation phases of the National Health Mission Programme.
- AHANA aims to cover 55% of India‟s annual pregnancy load and reach 16.5 million annual pregnancies across 357 districts in 14 states each year with HIV testing.
- AHANA also provides care and support to HIV exposed babies until they are 18 months old, along with facilitating postpartum care for the lactating mother.
Source: The Hindu & ForumIAS