Q. Consider the following statements regarding Vande Bharat Train
1. These are engineless semi-high speed trains.
2. About 80 percent of the train is built indigenously and rest is imported.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Recently, Indian Railways has planned to operate 102 Vande Bharat trains by March 2024.
About Vande Bharat Train:
- Vande Bharat is India’s first indigenously built engineless semi-high speed train. Earlier, it was known by the name Train 18. (Statement 1 is correct)
- The train has been built by the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai, in a record time of 20 months.
- The train is a 100% ‘Make in India’ project and is claimed to be built at half the cost of a similar train set that is imported. (Statement 2 is incorrect)