Q. Consider the following statements:
1. Mughal Architecture had influence on temple architecture in India.
2. The Shalimar Gardens are showpiece of Indian horticulture.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
The Shalimar Gardens of Jahangir and Shah Jahan are showpieces of Indian horticulture.
- Apart from the many massive structures, the Mughals contributed many civil works of public utility, the greatest of them being the bridge over the Gomati River at Jaunpur.
- The most impressive feat is the West Yamuna Canal which provided water to Delhi.
- Mughal architecture influenced even temple construction in different parts of the country.
- The temple of Govind Dev at Vrindavan near Mathura and Bir Singh’s temple of Chaturbhuj at Orchchaa (Madhya Pradesh) displays Mughal influence.
Source: Tamil Nadu state board.