Q. Consider the following statements:
1. Shahji, father of Shivaji was a descendant of the Yadava rulers of Devagiri.
2. Tukaram was regarded by Shivaji as his guru.
Which of the statements above given is/are correct?
Shivaji was born in Shivner near Junnar. He was the son of Shahji Bhonsle by his first wife Jijabai.
- Shahji was a descendant of the Yadava rulers of Devagiri from his mother’s side and the Sisodias of Mewar on his father’s side.
- Shivaji earned the goodwill of the Mavali peasants and chiefs, who were a martial people with knowledge about the hilly areas around Poona.
- Shivaji made himself familiar with the hilly areas around Poona.
- Religious heads, Ramdas and Tukaram, also influenced Shivaji. Ramdas was regarded by Shivaji as his guru.
Source: Tamil Nadu state board.