Q. Consider the following statements:
1. The Agra Fort was built with red sandstone.
2. The magnificent gateway to Fatehpur Sikri, the Buland Darwaza was built with Marble and red sandstone.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
During Akbar’s reign, Humayun’s tomb was enclosed with gardens and placed on a raised platform.
- Built by Indian artisans and designed by Persian architects it set a pattern to be followed in the future.
- The Agra fort built with red sandstone is a specimen where Rajput architectural styles were also incorporated.
- The new capital city of Akbar Fatehpur Sikri enclosed within its walls several inspiring buildings.
- The magnificent gateway to Fatehpur Sikri, the Buland Darwaza, built by Akbar with red sandstone and marble is considered to be a perfect architectural achievement.
Source: Tamil Nadu state board.