Q. ‘Global Cybersecurity Outlook’ is released by which of the following institutions?
Purpose: It gives insights into cybersecurity challenges and highlights measures that need to be taken to enhance cyber resilience within organisations and the wider ecosystem.
Key findings of the Global Cybersecurity Outlook 2022
- The accelerating pace of digitalisation fuelled by the COVID-19 pandemic has led to a 151% surge in Global ransomware attacks in 2021.
- Cyber security leaders around the globe have listed ransomware, identity theft, and critical infrastructure failure among their top personal cyber risk concerns.
- Cyber incidents are becoming costly and damaging, sometimes even paralyzing critical services and infrastructure.
Recommendations of global cybersecurity outlook
- Prioritise cybersecurity in all domains of society and the economy.
- Anticipate, recover and adapt quickly to cyber incidents.
- Shift from a cyber-defensive posture to a stronger cyber-resilience position, i.e. to anticipate attacks and be prepared for likely digital shocks.
Source: Important Indexes