Q. “Pin valley National Park” is recently seen in news is located at?
Explanation: Pin Valley National Park is the only National Park in Himachal Pradesh which is situated in the cold desert area. The park covers an area of 675 sq km as core zone and 1150 km as buffer zone.
- There are about 17 villages situated in the periphery of the park with a total population of about 1600 people.
- Besides this there are about 17 Dogharies (Summer settlements) with some cultivation inside the park. These Dogharies are used as summer residences by these people.
- The residents in the whole Pin Valley conists of scheduled tribes belonging to Buddhist community.
- There is a famous Gompa in the Kungri vilage which is situated on the buffer zone of this park.
- The Chham dance and Buchen dance by the Lamas of this Gompa are very famous dances in the valley.