Q. Which of the following are the components of fly ash?
1. Silicon dioxide
2. Calcium oxide
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
Ash is produced whenever combustion of solid material takes place.
- Fly ash is one such residue which rises with the gases into the atmosphere.
- Fly ash is a very fine powder and tends to travel far in the air. The ash which does not rise is termed as bottom ash.
- Nearly 73% of India’s total installed power generation capacity is thermal, of which 90% is coal-based generation, with diesel, wind, gas, and steam making up the rest.
- Aluminum silicate (in large amounts)
- Silicon dioxide (SiO2) and
- Calcium oxide (CaO).
Fly ash particles are oxide rich and consist of silica, alumina, oxides of iron, calcium, and magnesium and toxic heavy metals like lead, arsenic, cobalt, and copper.