Q. Which of the following are the objectives of the “National Digital Communications Policy”?
1. Broadband for all by 2025.
2. Creating 100 million additional jobs in the Digital Communications sector.
3. Enhancing the contribution of the Digital Communications sector to 10% of India’s GDP from 5% in 2017.
4. Ensuring Digital Sovereignty.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
The National Digital Communications Policy, 2018 seeks to unlock the transformative power of digital communications networks – to achieve the goal of digital empowerment and improved well-being of the people of India; and towards this end, attempts to outline a set of goals, initiatives, strategies and intended policy outcomes.
The National Communications Policy aims to accomplish the following Strategic Objectives by 2022:
- Provisioning of Broadband for All
- Creating 4 million additional jobs in the Digital Communications sector
- Enhancing the contribution of the Digital Communications sector to 8% of India’s GDP from ~ 6% in 2017
- Propelling India to the Top 50 Nations in the ICT Development Index of ITU from 134 in 2017
- Enhancing India’s contribution to Global Value Chains
- Ensuring Digital Sovereignty
Source: Sriram’s IAS