Q. Which of the following conditions is/are favorable for the formation & intensification of Tropical Cyclones?
1. Upper divergence above the sea level system
2. Consistent source of heat
3. High-level cyclonic circulation
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
The conditions favorable for the formation and intensification of tropical storms are:
- A consistent source of heat as tropical cyclones are thermally induced low-pressure systems.
- Large sea surface with a temperature higher than 27° C which is possible only during the late summers i.e. September, October, and November
- Presence of the Coriolis force.
- Small variations in the vertical wind speed.
- A pre-existing weak low-pressure area or low-level-cyclonic circulation;
- Upper divergence above the sea level system.