Q. Which of the following given statement is/are correct?
1. Zat means personal and it fixed the personal status of a person.
2. Sawar rank indicated the number of cavalrymen of a person who was required to maintain.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
Explanation: Mansabdari System:
- Akbar introduced the Mansabdari system in his administration.
- Under this system every officer was assigned a rank (mansab).
- lowest rank was 10 and the highest was 5000 for the nobles.
- Princes of royal blood received even higher ranks. The ranks were divided into two – zat and sawar. Zat means personal and it fixed the personal status of a person.
- Sawar rank indicated the number of cavalrymen of a person who was required to maintain. Every sawar had to maintain at least two horses.
- The mansab rank was not hereditary. All appointments and promotions as well as dismissals were directly made by the emperor.
Source: Tamil Nadu Board Class 11